Thanks for using smartocto – the online notification dashboard from SmartOcto BV. This policy explains the what, how, and why of the information we collect when you use our notification dashboard (“Personal Data”). It also explains the specific ways we use and disclose that information. We will never sell collected data, ip-addresses or any other collected data caused by the use of our online service. However, aggregated anonymous data and learnings on specific domains may be commercially used by SmartOcto BV. By accessing, browsing, or using smartocto and/or this Website, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use smartocto and/or this Website.
We’ll start by getting a few definitions out of the way that should help you understand this policy. When we say “we,” “us,” and “SmartOcto BV,” we’re referring to SmartOcto BV, registered in The Netherlands under company number 64307700 and having our registered office at Flavus 1, 6541 LJ Nijmegen, The Netherlands. When we say “you” or “Member,” we’re referring to the person or entity that’s registered with us to use the Website and/or the Service, our state of the art notification dashboard smartocto. A heck of a clever octopus if you ask me.
We provide the Website and our online notification dashboard smartocto (“smartocto” or the “Service”) that you may use to collect data of your own online stories on all sorts of (social) channels. We offer the Service on our website smartocto.com (the “Website”). In the course of providing the Website and the Service, we may collect Personal Data, which could also mean information about a Member. We will never sell this kind of information without your consent.
3. Effective Date
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete, or change any Personal Data you’ve submitted on the Website, please use our to get in touch. You may also contact us by postal mail at:
6541 LJ Nijmegen
Information We Collect
- Use of Personal Data: Personal Data that you provide may be used to perform any agreement concluded with you, contact you, and for example to keep you updated by means of one of our mailings you have subscribed to, or to offer you services that may be of interest to you, unless you inform us that you do not wish to receive any offers regarding these services and other products.
- Choices: You have several choices regarding your use of our Website. In general, you are not required to submit any Personal Data when you visit our Website and related web pages, but SmartOcto BV may require you to provide certain Personal Data in order for you to receive additional information about our events, documentation or services. Certain web pages may also ask for your permission for certain uses of your Personal Data, and you can agree to or decline those uses.
You can also configure your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Note, however, that in that case some portions of our Website may not work properly if you elect to refuse all cookies.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send our newsletters to you. You may opt-out of receiving SmartOcto BV’s marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing email or you can contact us at email@example.com.
To the extent consented by you, and to the extent permitted by law, we may (i) transfer collected Personal Data to third parties that help us provide this Website, the Service and our other services to you within the consented or other legal purposes, and (ii) process and retain collected Personal Data and the information collected for our customers using smartocto for as long as needed to provide you services within the consented or other legal purpose.
- Access: If you have submitted Personal Data to SmartOcto BV, you have the right to reasonable access to that data to correct any inaccuracies. You can also make a request to update or remove information about you by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will make all reasonable and practical efforts to comply with your request within reasonable timeframe, to the extent it is consistent with applicable law.
We also collect information for our customers using smartocto. If you are a client of one of our customers and would no longer like to be contacted by this customer that uses our service, please contact said customer that you interact with directly. We may transfer Personal Data to companies that help us provide our Service.
- Security: We intend to protect your Personal Data and to maintain its accuracy. SmartOcto BV implements reasonable physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help us protect your Personal Data against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, use and disclosure. For example, we encrypt certain sensitive Personal Data such as usernames and passwords when we transmit such information over the internet. We also require that our suppliers protect such information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Data, you can contact us at email@example.com.
- Children’s Privacy: SmartOcto BV understands and endorses the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. In particular, our Website is not intentionally designed for or directed at children under the age of 18. It is our policy never to knowingly collect or maintain Personal Data about anyone under the age of 18. If SmartOcto BV obtains any knowledge about Personal Data that relates to anyone under the age of 18, we will instantly remove those from our systems.
Google Ads Remarketing
- What are cookies?
There are many functions cookies serve. For example, they help us to remember your login data, authentication data, and other essential information, but also to help us to remember non-essential information such as you preferences. Also, these help you to analyze how well our Website is performing, or allow us to recommend you certain content we believe will be most relevant to you.
Certain cookies contain Personal Data – for example, if you click to ‘remember me’ when logging in, a cookie will store your username. Most cookies won’t collect information that identifies you, and will instead collect more general information such as how users arrive at and use our Website, or a user’s general location. See for more information https://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- What sort of cookies and other tracking technologies does SmartOcto BV use?
Generally, our cookies and similar tracking technologies (‘Cookies’) perform the following different functions:
- Essential/Required Cookies: These Cookies are essential for the core operation of our Website and are automatically enabled when you use the Website. We also store your permission setting in a Cookie to remember this for future visits (‘Opt-in/-out Cookie’).
- Performance Cookies: These Cookies help to improve the performance of the Website, providing a better user experience. This allows us to provide you with a high quality experience by customizing our Website and content, and quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise. For example, we use performance Cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, and to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. To the extent SmartOcto BV uses these Cookies, you can either enable or disable these Cookies.
- Other Tracking Technologies: We and our marketing partners, affiliates, video or analytics or customer support service providers also use beacons, tags, and scripts, to analyze trends, administer the Website, tracking users’ movements around the Website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis.
We also use Local Shared Objects, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences.
- What do we collect?
- How can I control these Cookies?
We will need to set the Essential/Required Cookies so that we can remember your choices when you next visit the Website from the same browser. At the present time it is not technically possible for us to allow you to carry your settings with you between your browsers and devices so you will need to change these settings from each browser you use, for example Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and other.
Please also be aware that we make every effort to respect your choices, however, there is the possibility that not all Cookies will be captured. If this is a concern then we would recommend that you change your cookie settings via your browser; your browser help function will tell you how.
Note: The Website does not work correctly without Essential/Required Cookies. Furthermore, you will lose some features, benefits and functionality if you choose to disable other Cookies.
- How do we use collected information?
SmartOcto BV uses Personal Data we collect about you in a number of ways, such as:
- Providing you with the SmartOcto BV’s Website in the best possible way, as well as any information you have requested;
- Better understanding how our Website is being used so we can improve our products, services, content, and marketing;
- Tailoring a website, application, or SmartOcto marketing campaign to your likely interests, using the SmartOcto online notification dashboard;
- Sending you business messages such as those related to payments or expiration of your subscription;
- Sending you information about SmartOcto, latest product announcements, software updates, upcoming events, and similar information;
- For internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve SmartOcto BV’s products, services, and customer communications;
- Conducting market research about our customers, their interests, and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns;
- Sharing, publishing and or selling aggregated information that doesn’t specifically identify you;
- Reducing fraud, software piracy, and protecting our customers as well as SmartOcto and SmartOcto BV.
An overview of the used cookies can be found at smartocto.com/cookies/.
In order of the GDPR, of which is active since the 25th of may 2018, we’ve added the Privacy Addendum.
SmartOcto BV, version August 2020